Crowns and Bridges
A dental crown, or sometimes it is called a "cap" is used to restore a cracked tooth, a very weak tooth or a broken tooth that can no longer be filled with predictable success. Crowns are made from many different materials including gold, a combination of gold and porcelain or semiprecious metal and porcelain. There are also several types made from all ceramic or porcelain. Should a crown be recommended for treatment of a tooth, Dr. Green will discuss the advantages of each so that the best type of crown can be chosen to suit the patient’s individual needs.
A bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or multiple teeth. It consists of several crowns hooked together to replace the area of tooth loss. Bridges are made of the same materials as crowns. Dr. Green will explain at great length the process and necessity for crowns and bridges.
We consider it very important to take care of emergency needs as soon as possible and we will make every effort to treat emergencies that same day.
Some common dental emergencies are:
Dr. Green takes pride in offering a full line of denture services including full upper and lower dentures and partial dentures including conventional metal clasp partials and invisible clasp partials (Valplast).
Dr. Green offers these services:
1. Denture relines including soft permanent relines for the hard to fit lower ridges.
Dr.Green is also certified in the placement of MDI, or mini-dental implants, which are used to achieve the best possible fit for upper and lower dentures.
2. Diagnostic and tissue therapy for out of shape gum ridges.
3. All types of denture repairs including adding teeth to existing dentures.
4. Free denture adjustments for anyone no matter where the denture was made.
Dr. Green was lucky enough to study under the direction of Dr. Earl Pound, a legend and master in modern
denture techniques. Dr. Pound set the standards for denture excellence.
Tempromandibular joint disease is a condition which can seriously affect the quality of life of those who are
afflicted. Symptoms include:
1. Frequent headaches.
2. Unexplained head and neck pain.
3. Noise in the joint such as a click or pop upon opening or closing.
4. Inability to open the mouth very wide.
5. Inability to chew comfortably.
The causes of TMJ can include:
1. Accident and injuries.
2. Genetic factors that determine how the teeth line up in the mouth in relation to the jaw joint.
3. Tooth loss and or wear resulting in bite changes.
4. Some dental restorations.
Dr. Green has taken extensive training to diagnose and treat tempromandibular joint disorders. Treatment can
include bite guards, night guards. equilibration of the teeth so that they can be in harmony with the jaw joints, restoration of the teeth to achieve harmony, and even, sometimes, orthodontics.
|Green Family Dentistry|